By Rob Kelly
Arsène Wenger says his focus in the transfer market will be on quality not quantity this summer.
The Arsenal manager has been linked with a host of players, with some observers predicting a major rebuilding project.
The Frenchman insists he does not expect to make a raft of changes to his squad and says that any signings he does make will be top class.
“We will not be a lot on the market, quantity-wise I mean. Quality-wise, certainly,” he said.
“But the [maximum] number of the squad is 25. We have many players out on loan and we will take a gamble if we find top, top quality of course.
“But don’t forget we have many players out on loan and we have not had Jack Wilshere or Abou Diaby for the whole season.
“These players will be back and it means that number and quality-wise we are strong because we are in the position we are in without these players.”
Wenger admits that he also hopes to wrap up any transfer deals earlier than last summer.
“You want to make me say that last year was bad and I agree with you - last year was terrible for us because we finished on August 31 at 11.55pm and we do not want to repeat that, of course,” he said.Copyright 2015 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source 23 Mar 2012