We take a look at some of the stats to arise from Tuesday's draw with Swansea City.

Kim Kallstrom became the eighth player this season to make his first-team debut when he came on against Swansea City on Tuesday night.

Last 100 debutants

None of those eight players began their Arsenal career with a defeat, in fact, none of the last 23 debutants have had a losing start.

Of the last 100 players to make their Arsenal debut, 78 won their first game, 14 drew (including Kallstrom) and just eight lost their first outing in the red and white. The most recent to lose on his debut was Andre Santos, against Blackburn in September 2011.

Looking purely at these last 100 debutants (which takes us back to October 2003), 27 are English, followed by French (12) and Spanish (eight) as the most popular nationalities. In all, 34 different countries are represented among the 100, and Kallstrom is the second Swede - after Kris Olsson - to join the list this season.

The most common competition for a debut to be made in is, perhaps not surprisingly, the League Cup (52 per cent), followed by the Premier League (35 per cent).

None of the last 23 debutants had a losing start

The manager also prefers to give players their first taste of action in home games (54 per cent), which may go some way to explaining the excellent playing record the last 100 debutants have enjoyed. Before Kallstrom, the previous 13 debutants all got underway with a victory.

At 31 years and seven months, Kallstrom is the oldest Arsenal debutant since Mart Poom in November 2006. Six of this season's eight debut-makers were 20 or younger, and five came through the Club's academy.

Indeed 47 per cent of the last 100 players to make their Arsenal debut were homegrown; the remaining 53 per cent were purchased or loaned.

Kallstrom is the 820th player overall to represent the Arsenal first team in official matches, and the seventh Swede. He is the 167th player to be handed his debut by Arsène Wenger.

First team debuts since 1992/93
First team debuts since 1992/93

Last 100 debutants by nationality
Last 100 debutants by nationality

Last 100 debutants by competition
Last 100 debutants by competition

Last 100 debutants by venue / result
Last 100 debutants by venue / result

There were 68 seconds between Lukas Podolski's and Olivier Giroud's goals on Tuesday night, making it the third quickest double strike in the Premier League this season.

The fastest was also scored by Arsenal - at Villa Park in January - and once again Olivier Giroud was involved. He netted just 59 seconds after Jack Wilshere that night.

It was the third quickest double strike in the Premier League this season

Opta's records for exact goal times began in 2006/07, and since then there have been eight instances of teams scoring twice within 70 seconds.

The overall record also belongs to Arsenal, who are the only side to appear on the list more than once.

The fastest double on record was scored in the north London derby in 2009/10 at Emirates Stadium. Robin van Persie scored on 41 minutes 53 seconds from Bacary Sagna's cross to break the deadlock, and then straight from the kick-off Cesc Fabregas pounced on a stray pass from Wilson Palacios, ran half the length of the pitch and slid home the second.

There were 49 seconds between the goals and Arsenal went on to beat Tottenham 3-0.

Podolski was involved in both goals on Tuesday - scoring the first and laying on the second - but the Premier League record for the shortest time between a goal and an assist remains 59 seconds, set by Wilshere in that win at Villa Park earlier this season.

Fastest double strikes in Premier League history

Date Scorer Team Opponent Mins Secs Time between goals
31/10/2009 Robin van Persie Arsenal Tottenham 41 53 -
31/10/2009 Cesc Fabregas Arsenal Tottenham 42 42 49
19/05/2013 Romelu Lukaku West Brom Man United 80 0
19/05/2013 Youssouf Mulumbu West Brom Man United 80 52 52
13/01/2014 Jack Wilshere Arsenal Aston Villa 33 31 -
13/01/2014 Olivier Giroud Arsenal Aston Vila 34 30 59
20/03/2010 Jamie O'Hara Portsmouth Hull City 87 38 -
20/03/2010 Kanu Portsmouth Hull City 88 42 64
15/3/2014 Johan Elmander Norwich Southampton 84 39 -
15/3/2014 Robert Snodgrass Norwich Southampton 85 43 65
17/12/2011 Clint Dempsey Fulham Bolton 31 57 -
17/12/2011 Bryan Ruiz Fulham Bolton 33 2 65
24/04/2012 Martin Petrov Bolton Aston Villa 61 54 -
24/04/2012 David Ngog Bolton Aston Villa 62 59 65
25/3/2014 Lukas Podolski Arsenal Swansea City 72 08 -
25/3/2014 Olivier Giroud Arsenal Swansea City 73 16 68

Stats correct as at March 27, 2014. With thanks to Opta

Copyright 2014 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source Josh James 27 Mar 2014