Important travel information for supporters attending Ninian Park.
All Arsenal fans travelling by coach, mini-bus or private vehicle will be able to park in the Wholesale Fruit Market which is a 5 minute walk (0.6miles) from Ninian Park. We have also been informed by the Highways Agency that an overnight closure of the M4 at junction 16 – 17 will be in place from 10pm on Saturday 24th January until 9.30am on Sunday 25th January. Diversions will be in place and clearly signposted as you approach Membury Services. The Highways agency would advise that you add an extra half an hour to your journey time if you think you will be going through the diversion at the advertised time.
The Wholesale Fruit Market Car Park which is used for Millennium Stadium events can hold approx 900 cars and is situated in Bessemer Road.
Cost will be £5 per Car £20 per Bus / Mini Bus.
Fans should travel along the M4 where the telematics & signage will support the following information.
- Exit the M4 at Junction 33
- Take 1st exit off roundabout onto A4232, continue for 6.1miles
- Take 2nd Available left onto B4267 (Slip Rd)
- Take 2nd Available exit off roundabout onto Hadfield Rd.
- Take 3rd Left into Bessemer Road
- The Wholesale Fruit Market is 100m along the road with access on the Right hand side.
Adults - £27
Concession - £22 (16 and under or 65 and over)
Non member adults - £32
Non member concession - £27
On request we can source a wheelchair accessible coach as part of the Emirates Stadium convoy.
For £72 why not travel to Ninian Pk in that extra bit of comfort and join us on our VIP coach.
The price includes a tabled vehicle with Sky TV, hostess, tea, coffee, soft drinks and a return three course food service.
This coach will form part of the Emirates Stadium convoy.
Please note that the pick-ups points will made up of two convoys as follows;
Emirates Stadium (Queensland Rd) 08.00, Membury Services 09.30. The return journey back to Queensland Rd should take approximately 3 hours and 30 minutes.
Kingsferry 06.30, South Mimms Services 07.45, London Gateway 08.15, Membury Services 09.30. The return journey to Kingsferry should take approximately 5 hours 15 minutes.
Don’t want to get up at the crack of dawn on the Sunday to leave for the game, join us on our overnight coach trip and make the most of Cardiff’s City Centre, as the perfect build up for this FA Cup game.
For just £68 – the price includes return coach travel to Ninian Park and one nights’ B&B accommodation at the Holiday Inn Cardiff City. Prices are per person based on two people sharing. The single room supplement is £10
Departure date and times
Departs Saturday 24th January 2009 and returns immediately after the match. Chose to pick the coach up at the following points;
Kingsferry 12.00, Emirates Stadium 13.30, Membury Services 15.00. The return journey back to emirates should take approximately 3 hours 30 minutes.
How to book your travel?
Please call the “Contact Centre” on 020 7619 5000 and follow the instructions through to an operator who can book your travel. When calling please have the membership numbers of who is travelling ready. Non members must provide a full name, address, daytime telephone number and Date of birth in order to travel.
Park and ride
When coming by car to meet the away coaches, please be aware that Controlled Parking Zones are in operation around the stadium with the exception of Sundays and Bank Holidays. For further information on the parking in Islington please refer to www.islington.gov.uk.
We have secure parking available at Emirates Stadium, London Gateway and South Mimms.
Emirates stadium parking is via the underground car park in Queensland Rd, London Gateway service area is at Junction 2 of the M1 and accessible from both the north and southbound sides of the motorway, South Mimms services are located off Junction 23 of the M25, Membury services is between Junction 14 & 15 of the M4 and the postal address for The Kingsferry Travel Centre is Eastcourt Lane, Gillingham, Kent, ME8 6HW.
Car parking at these sites have been provided free of charge and with no restrictions. If you would like to leave your car or meet the coach at one of these sites then please ask when booking your coach ticket for further details.
Supporters Club Coaches
The following Supporters Clubs will be running a coach to this fixture for more information please contact the numbers listed below and not Arsenal Travel on 020 7619 5000.
South Wales - please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ian Lawrence on 07967 122464.
If you are organizing your own coach or minibus then please e-mail email@example.com in order for specific police instructions to be sent out to you.
Terms and Conditions
- All travel once booked is NON transferable and NON refundable.
- No alcohol may be carried on any organised trip – this is an offence under the Sporting Events (control of alcohol) Act 1985.
- No object capable of being construed or used as an offensive weapon may be carried.
- Smoking is not allowed on any Arsenal Travel transport.
- Travel tickets issued through Arsenal Travel are done so on the condition that the holder will at all times be a credit to and uphold the reputation of Arsenal Football Club.
- Travel tickets and membership cards must be available for inspection at all times and must be given up to any officer, employee or agent of the club.
- Arsenal Travel cannot be held responsible for any possible delays to your travel arrangements.
- Unaccompanied minors under 14 will not be permitted to travel and minors of 14 and over will only be permitted to travel if their parent / guardian has completed the Unaccompanied minors consent form (this is available when booking travel).
- The full terms and conditions of membership are set out on our website at www.arsenal.com
- Coach trips will only run if sufficient numbers are met.
- Arsenal reserves the right to amend or alter the above arrangements and the right at its discretion to terminate any person’s membership.
Leave the M4 at junction 33 and take the A4232 towards Cardiff/Barry. Remain on the A4232 for approximately 6 miles and leave the dual carriageway at the B4267 exit, signposted Leckwith Industrial Estate, Athletics Stadium. At the roundabout turn left signposted City Centre onto the Leckwith Rd, the stadium is on the right hand side.
Car parking is limited and a residential scheme is in operation in the immediate vicinity of the stadium. Supporters are advised to double check the road they park in before leaving their vehicles. The City Centre has many Car Parks and is a twenty minute walk from the stadium.
Scheduled Train services
First Great Western has two scheduled services that will get you to Cardiff in time for Kick Off. For more information please call them direct on 08457 000125.
Need a hotel to stay at in Cardiff?
The Holiday Inn Cardiff City is offering Arsenal supporters some great B & B rates. One nights’ accommodation can be secured for just £32.50 per person (based on two sharing) or stay for two nights and get a rate of £30 per person again based on two people sharing; the single room supplement is £10 per night. To qualify for this rate simply call 02920 347205 or 02920 347238 quoting “Arsenal FC Supporters”. The hotel is a twenty minute walk from Ninian Pk and right in the middle of the City centre. For more information about the Holiday Inn Cardiff then please follow this link; http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hotel/cdfcy?_requestid=194006
Worried about the weather?
Want to know whether to take that pair of gloves or rain jacket? Check the weather forecast on the following link - http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=football;sess=