Hello Junior Gunners!

Well, I’ve had another few really busy weeks.

On Wednesday, October 10, Arsenal Ladies took on Birmingham City Ladies in the Final of the Continental Cup. I went down to Underhill, the home of Barnet FC, to cheer on the Ladies. The Game was shown live on ESPN and over 3000 fans turned up to watch along with England manager Hope Powell and our very own Chief Executive, Ivan Gazidis! I met as many fans as possible before the game kicked off.

The game itself was really tough but Arsenal managed to come out on top, thanks to Kim Little’s late winner. It was a fantastic goal from outside the area and a great way for the team to seal a domestic double.

The following Saturday, we opened the Arsenal shop in the Hatfield Shopping Centre and I went along to officially cut the ribbon. There were lots of bargains on offer for Christmas and the store was very busy. I had great fun all day posing for pictures and meeting the fans.

My next visit was to Islington Fire Station in Upper Street on Monday, October 22. I met children from local primary schools who were taking part in a poster campaign to make people aware of the dangers of fireworks. Please be careful if you are going to do a firework display or party, and stand well away from lit fireworks.

Next up was another busy night at the Emirates as we welcomed German team Schalke for a Champions League match. I started my day in a very busy Armoury shop and then went to meet the teams as they arrived at the stadium. Unfortunately we lost the game 2-0, but we are still in a good position to progress to the knockout stages.

The next day, we had a soccer school group from Southampton on a stadium tour, so I popped into the Home Team dressing rooms and gave them a surprise visit. We all had our pictures taken with the first-team shirts that were hanging up on the pegs.

On Saturday, October 27, we took on Queens Park Rangers at Emirates Stadium. I carred out my usual pre-match duties before watching the game. The game was really tense and the end was very exciting, as Mikel scored the winner with less than ten minutes to play. I also met Sir Alex Ferguson at the game, who was on a little spying mission ahead of our game at Old Trafford this weekend. At the final whistle, I went up to box level for two special visits. On my way back, I bumped into QPR defender Anton Ferdinand, so had a quick picture with him.

I watched our Capital One Cup game against Reading on the television - and what an amazing game it was! The team showed real determination to come back from 4-0 down and force extra time. I was jumping for joy when Theo scored at the end. We did fantastically to win the game. I was very proud of the team.

Christmas is getting ever closer and I’m going to be getting up to many new adventures over the coming month and I’ll make sure to keep you updated.

Big Hugs,

Copyright 2017 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source
1 Nov 2012