Burgundy shirts, burgundy shorts
Ground Dick's Sporting Goods Park (33,597)
Manager Fernando Clavijo
Owner Stan Kroenke
- The Rapids opened their new stadium, Dick's Sporting Goods Park, with a 2-1 win over FC Dallas on April 9, 2007. It is the club's third home having played at Mile High Stadium from 1996 to 2001 and the INVESCO Field from 2001-2006.
- Since the MLS was expanded in 2005, the Rapids' nearest neighbours have been Salt Lake City. At the end of each season the side with the better head to head record wins the Rocky Mountain Cup, a competition developed by the supporters of the two clubs. The Rapids currently lead 2-0 having won the trophy (named after the district both clubs are based in) in both 2005 and 2006. The holders are on to retain their trophy having recorded a win and a draw in their two meetings with Salt Lake so far this term.
- Colorado Rapids were one of the 10 founding clubs of Major League Soccer.
- Former Arsenal midfielder Anders Limpar played for Rapids between February 1999 and November 2000. Other players to have played for Colorado and in England include Chris Woods, John Spencer, Marcus Hahnemann, Shaun Bartlett, Daryll Powell and Terry Cooke.
- The Rapids considered changing their name to Arsenal Colorado FC as part of their partnership with Arsenal, going so far as to trademark the name.
- Colorado Rapids owner, Stan Kroenke has a 12.19% shareholding in Arsenal.
- Colorado have had one English manager. Bobby Houghton was the club's first coach but only stayed at helm for one season.
League Cup Winners 1963
League Cup Teamsheet 1963